Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week in Review

Here are a few things that happened this week:
  • Visited the Oakland Temple during my business trip to San Francisco. The temple was closed for it's annual cleaning, so I walked the grounds and visited the Visitor Center. I was able to see a first edition Book of Mormon for the first time which I thought was pretty cool.

  • Ate the best peanut butter cup dessert in the world. The last time I was in San Francisco I went to the Fog City Diner and had their peanut butter cup dessert and I have been dreaming about them ever since. Sometimes things aren't as good as you remember them when you go back, but it was even better the second time! I can't wait to go back to San Francisco so that I can have them again. I am a sucker for peanut butter and chocolate.

  • Got bumped of my flight from San Francisco to Austin and ended up spending the night in some hotel in Dallas. I arrived at the hotel at 1:30 AM and left at 5:45 AM. I guess it was worth the $300 travel voucher even though I am know a little sick.

  • Ate two times at Zocalo Cafe, a Mexican restaurant in Austin that we just discovered. The food is great and I can't wait to go back and have another chicken burrito.

  • Played the game of Uno with Maya after church today. She loves this game and is really good at it. We played 8 games and she won 6 of them. She has come up with a very clever strategy that almost always guarantees her a win if she gets the right card. It was a blast playing a few games with her.

  • We decided to take a drive on Saturday morning around some neighborhoods in Austin that we have never visited. It was so much fun hanging out together. I think the best part for the kids were the Slurpee that we got them at the gas station. Mason ended up wearing half of his Slurpee on his face and shirt. The best part for me was just being back in Austin with Natalie and the Kids.

  • Since I was sick most the weekend I took a long nap on Saturday afternoon. If felt so good to get a little bit of extra sleep. Natalie claims that I snored the whole time I was asleep which I have been know to do, but man it felt good to sleep for 4 hours!

  • I spend most of Sunday with Mason as were both sick. Natalie took Maya to church and Mason and I stayed home. It was fun to hang out with him. We played blocks and read a few books and he even let me rock him in the rocker. He is growing up so fast so I have to take advantage of every moment with him.

  • Finished watching Arrested Development again. I vote this the best TV show ever. Natalie and I both decided that we need to watch all of the episodes at least once a year. This was our second go around and it was just as good as the first time. If you have not seen Arrested Development I recommend that you do.

It was a good week and my favorite part was coming home to see everyone after being gone all week in San Francisco.

2 comments:

Jan said...

You were missed for sure! I'm glad the trip went well but so glad you're back home now. (and the kids are WAY happy you're here!)

Unknown said...

great list! it was a good weekend! zocolo is the best, isn't it? and i can't wait to use that flight credit to send myself to SF for a lil' shopping and to try those peanut butter cups.