Thursday, January 10, 2008

Early Mornings with Maya


One of my favorite parts of the day is before I leave to go to work when I see Maya. She is an early riser and is almost always up working on something creative in her room when I leave for work at 6:45. Nanz and Mason are always asleep, so I get to spend a few minutes with just Maya! She often times helps make me make my lunch and if I am not running behind we spend a few minutes having breakfast together. Today she really wanted me to stay home from work and help her clean her room. I told her that I needed to go to work, so she started begging me to go to work. She told me that she could help out by filing papers and typing my emails for me. I had a good laugh and told her that she needed stay home and work on her room and that maybe sometime she could come visit me at work. I must admit that seeing her each morning is a great way to start the day off!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are such a sweet daddy. she's so lucky to have one nice parent, especially in the morning. she sure loves her time with her daddy.

Jan said...

You're a lovely Daddy -- and I know how much she loves her morning time with you. I'm thinking that's one of the reasons she is an early riser -- she gets you all to herself.

Phogles said...

awe, how sweet! You know, Take Your Daughter To Work Day is in April.