Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Car Turns 100k

During my morning commute today, my car finally hit 100k miles. I have been watching the odometer for the last week in anticipation of the big moment only to be disappointed when I noticed that I missed it due to me singing along to some random song on the radio while trying to make the morning commute more bearable. When I looked down the odometer read 100,002. I guess I will just have to wait another 100k!

Here are some of the car highlights over the years:
  • Bought the car in 2002 with 29k miles for $7k

  • Put 3,381 gallons of gas in the tank for a total cost of $8,452 over the last 6 years

  • Spent over $7,200 on car insurance

  • Spent a total of 1,578 hours or 66 days driving in the car

  • Natalie was rear-ended only once in the car when maya was 6 weeks old

  • I only rear-ended someone once in the car

  • Brought Maya home from hospital in the car

  • Took many road trips in the car

  • Drove for 2 long weeks one winter with the moon roof stuck open which was very cold. I had to pay a sketchy chop shop in North Austin cash to close it. The option was $50 to close it or $800 to fix it. I chose the $50 option.

  • Paid a chop-shop cash for a very interesting tint job in North Las Vegas. I wanted a light tint and came a way with dark limo tint. At least it keeps the car cool in the summer.

For the most part the Malibu has been a good reliable car without many problems. I can only hope for another 100k miles!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i do love that dark limo tint. illegal in 38 states! :) oh, and you rearended 2 people in that car, let's be accurate.

was missing the big 100,000 as sad for you as missing finding out what the last song of the entire shuffling ipod was for me? that really took the wind out of my sails.

Jan said...

I love the dark tint too -- makes it look like pimp car. That car has a lot of memories, doesn't it? I think the scariest was Nanz being rear-ended with teeny-tiny Maya in the back seat.

Nat Lud said...

That is so bizarre! This is the third 'many miler' post I've seen this week!