Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Going Old School!


Last week I was in the middle of the phone call at work when 2 kids skated past my window on their skateboards and decided that it would be fun to try and skate off the stairs right in front of the office. They were having fun and making a bunch of noise disturbing everyone in the office. My first reaction after I finished my phone call was to go tell them that they had to leave because they were disturbing everyone at work. So I headed up to the front of the office and when I opened the front door they were half way across the parking lot skating off to their next adventure laughing and talking about much air they got when they jumped over the stairs. At that moment I felt old. I love to skateboard in my youth and I am sure that I disrupted tons of people. My two brothers and I would spend countless hours riding our skateboards in parking lots and business parks.

The skateboard that I used to ride was a Powell Peralta Lance Mountain just like the one in the picture. I loved that skateboard and I bought it at Hamel's Surf Shop when I lived in San Diego with money that I had earned from my paper route. Watching those kids skate away the other day took me back to those old school days. Man I wish I still had my old skateboard!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beauty! and you, the grump to run them off. nice, beezy. we ARE getting old.

Jan said...

This story totally made me smile. It's hard when you realize you're the old guy, huh? I hear you! But Brack, you will never be old. Cool skateboard.